- You are inherently a problem solver
- Eager to learn and upskill fast
- You’re flexible and embrace change
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
x15ventures is a dynamic venture-building outfit, powered by CommBank and designed to bring to life the next generation of digital endeavours whose services directly connect to the Group’s core business.
By partnering with seasoned entrepreneurs, offering them support, guidance and critical access to CommBank’s unmatched customer base, brand, distribution networks and other strong assets, we’re not only empowering Australia’s most inspiring innovators, we’re reshaping banking as we know it.
Through x15ventures we will launch 25 enduring businesses by 2024.
Where do you fit in?
We are looking for a seasoned Security Operations Professional who is outcomes driven and can understand the security risks not just the process. You should have a passion for finding better ways to enable agile teams to manage security, threats and compliance as part of their everyday, focused on automation. You will have experience-solving complex problems and are comfortable diving into the detail. Some of your accountabilities include:
- Assessing and managing security operations, alerts, incidents that new digital businesses face, ensuring activities are within risk appetite and comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Designing and leading security incident response and guiding x15ventures on action plans
- Run remediation activities and reporting.
- Lead and Manage third party relationships to resolve security incidents and run security operations.
- Establish relationships with vendors, partners and security industry to constantly improve security operations practices.
- Assist with building and maintaining security operations for x15 and ventures; deploying scalable cloud-based solutions.
- Lead and mentor the team to performing real time monitoring on malicious activities, intrusions, infiltration attempts, analysing logs looking for attack patterns to ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner
- Participate on crisis discussions, security outbreaks, security project portfolio calls, security audit, and bench marking discussions
- Work with a range of technology and business experts on end-to-end solutions ensuring information security incidents are understood and managed.
- Assessing and managing security profiles that new digital businesses face, ensuring activities are within risk appetite and comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Assist with building and maintaining security requirements for teams deploying scalable cloud-based solutions.
The real question: What’s in it for you?
At x15 we promise challenge and intellectual stretch in spades. Working side by side with leadership, you will be exposed big decision making and brought in to help solve complex challenges. You will collaborate with innovators and problem solvers who share your hunger for making an impact and uncovering the unknown.
You’ll have the best of both worlds – a start-up culture where you can operate with autonomy at high pace yet at the same time backed by, dare we say, the largest bank in Australia with incredible leadership, strong financial backing and 15 million + customers.
- Flexible work and extra leave options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role
- Competitive pay and banking benefits – competitive discounts on home loans, insurance, financial planning, credit cards and much more
- Income protection, Staff discounts and deals, Employee Share plan and more
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!
Are you a perfect match?
- You have demonstrated experience in designing and implementing security operations within regulated businesses
- You have an analytical mindset with an eye for detail and the ability to negotiate and influence
- You also have passion to learn new skills and take on technical challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude would be highly regarded.
As with all roles within x15ventures you will be part of a collaborative team promoting best practices.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is an initial 12 month contract.
This role is based at South Eveleigh – We’ll be part of the wider technology community at this exciting location so the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas will be endless.
If you’re ready to have an impact on the security of the next generation of fintech products apply NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 14/05/2021