- We offer flexible work options to support your well-being in the role.
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core.
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
x15ventures is a dynamic venture-building outfit, powered by CommBank and designed to bring to life the next generation of digital endeavours whose services directly connect to the Group’s core business. By partnering with seasoned entrepreneurs, offering them support, guidance and critical access to CommBank’s unmatched customer base, brand, distribution networks and other strong assets, we’re not only empowering Australia’s most inspiring innovators, we’re reshaping banking as we know it. Through x15ventures we will launch 25 enduring businesses by 2024
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who can effectively contribute at senior levels within the dynamic, innovative and talented x15 team. You will provide strategic, practical legal advice and have high level analytical and critical legal decision-making capabilities to assist us in attaining our strategic goals. Collaboration is key to our team’s success and we are looking for a commercially focussed lawyer who is capable of managing a varied workload that comes with being part of an agile team.
- Drafting, negotiating and developing a range of IT and non-IT contracts (including software, SaaS, app development, hardware and professional services);
- Advising on a range of related matters including privacy, intellectual property, data security and general commercial law;
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop strategies to manage legal risk and optimise governance processes; and
- Providing day-to-day legal support for various innovative ventures including advising on new digital products and features, negotiating commercial terms and managing regulatory updates.
The x15 Legal team is part of CommBank’s Group Legal Services and benefits from a strong legal support base, knowledge resources and a wealth of expertise from this large in-house division of the Bank.
- You have significant post-qualification experience in a major domestic or international law firm coupled with some in-house or secondment exposure
- A law degree and Australian (NSW preferred) admission to practice.
- You are energetic and driven and have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with strong stakeholder engagement skills
- You are customer focused, commercially minde,; flexible, adaptable, curious and resilient.
- You have specialist expertise in technology agreements (you will be treated as a subject matter expert).
- You have experience with privacy, IP, data security and financial services laws including the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles, CPS 234 and relevant Financial Crimes legislation.
Additional experience that would be beneficial although not a requirement
- Experience in Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fintech/banking or start-up experience
x15ventures is based at South Eveleigh – our brand new state-of-the-art precinct which will soon be home to 10,000 of our people. We’re embedding ourselves in a location that will support our goal to be best in digital. We’ll be part of the wider technology community at this exciting location so the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas will be endless
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 11/05/2021