About the job
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
We can't reveal our name just yet, but we’re building a new digital lending business, backed by CommBank – and launching later this year.
We're looking for smart people who think differently and want to make a difference to join our team.
We’re nominally based in CommBank’s amazing new facilities at South Eveleigh, but most of us work remotely and we have a remote-first culture.
Where do you fit in?
Our risk vision is to create a world-class, technology-enabled risk management practice that is deeply integrated into the day-to-day operation of the venture.
By using best-in-market technology and leveraging some of CBA’s existing risk capabilities to do the ‘heavy lifting’, our small team will focus on identifying and delivering the actions required to support the safe growth of the venture.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Risk and play a key role in shaping the design, implementation and ongoing management of the venture’s operations to ensure risk is being managed effectively. Key parts of the role include:
- Co-ordinating stakeholder engagement to ensure all risk obligations and requirements are understood, with appropriate processes and controls in place to ensure they are met for launch
- Designing, implementing and managing the venture’s risk profile, ensuring appropriate documentation of obligations, risks and controls, and ensuring that control testing is performed and issues and incidents are managed in line with the Operational Risk Management Framework
- Managing operational and credit risk performance, using metrics and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) with thresholds and guardrails to meet expectations set by the CBA Group and the venture’s business strategy
- Managing the governance framework for risk, including running the venture’s own risk forum and managing engagement and submissions to other governance forums
The real question: what’s in it for you?
There’s nothing worse than a job where it’s Groundhog Day. Where you don’t feel challenged or pushed to be your best. Where you’re stuck in a role where there’s no growth. Working on things you don’t really care about.
Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development – every day. Working with modern technology, side by side with leaders and engineers, making big decisions, and solving important challenges in this tech-centric venture.
But there will be uncertainty. And that will lead to some high-pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so. But we also hope you recognise, that day in and day out, you’re working in a high visibility environment. So, you’ll need to be resilient.
Are you a perfect match?
- You have experience with managing risk through project delivery, ideally including risk in change processes
- You have led or been involved with the implementation or management of a risk framework, including documentation of obligations, risks and controls
- You have experience with risk reporting and managing governance forums and processes
- You are familiar with the Australian regulations linked to lending e.g. NCCP and standards and guidelines set by ASIC, APRA and AUSTRAC.
Something to keep in mind
- We offer flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role.
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 04/05/2021.