- Hybrid work culture that supports your emotional and mental wellbeing
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing CommBank benefits!
Who are we?
Launched in 2015, Credit Savvy provides over 1 million Australian consumers with free access to their credit score & credit file information. It is our mission to help everyday Australians understand credit better, help them find a better deal to manage their finances and improve their financial wellbeing.
What’s more, Credit Savvy is proudly part of x15ventures!
Credit Savvy is a business operating within CBA’s x15ventures portfolio. x15ventures is committed to shaking up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need. By combining the best of enterprise and start-up, x15ventures leverages CommBank’s strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver ground-breaking stand-alone digital businesses.
If you want to be a part of one of the first and fastest growing customer-driven start-ups, we want to hear from you!
Where do you fit in?
You will be part of the Operations function working closely with the Engineering, Product and Commercial teams to manage Credit Savvy’s data platform. You will also help drive our personalisation agenda and deliver data insights to inspire our product, marketing and business strategy.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with engineering to ingest data from various sources such as on-premises databases or data warehouses, SaaS applications (commercial and marketing) into our DMP
- Customise and extend existing data ingestion pipelines within our DMP
- Customise and configure existing reports
- Capture reporting requirements from end users and design reports
- Create new reports from existing data sets to meet report designs
- Diagnose operational issues within existing ingestion pipelines
- simple ingestion, cleansing, validation or aggregation pipelines within the data platform Configure
- Gather data from various platforms and sources and maintain a clean data structure in MS Azure
- Leverage data processing techniques and structuring
- Identify data quality issues and support enhancement of data quality
- Optimise queries and reports within platform and upstream data stores
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery activities for the platform
- Design models and systems for current and future data requirements of the platform
- Implement, maintain, and report on data governance policies & practices
- Design automation and propose cost management capabilities
- Support the developers and testers through training and coaching
- Continually research new ways of managing data and propose solutions
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, insights or related roles
- Experience in understanding technical requirements and translating it to the non-technical teams, and vice versa
- Be proactive, self-motivated and solutions-focussed
- Experience in BI reporting using PowerBI
- An understanding of deployment technologies including GitHub.
- Stakeholder management and communication skills, including prioritizing, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Someone who aspires to develop their technical data engineering skills (preferably in Microsoft Azure)
Preferred, but not essential:
- Experience in Microsoft Azure platform and associated tools, SQL and querying data
- An understanding of deployment technologies including Terraform
- Experience developing strategies and business cases
What is in it for you?
Work with a modern data management platform and motivated team
- Work side by side with leadership, making big decisions, and solving important challenges in this tech-centric venture
- The role will lead to some challenging situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.