You’re a contemporary risk and compliance professional. You’ve reimagined risk management to deliver frictionless customer experiences that create value.
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
x15ventures is a venture-scaler, powered by CommBank. We have the mandate to build, acquire and invest-in early stage digital endeavours that can directly connect to the Group’s core business. We actively support experienced entrepreneurs, providing guidance and access to our customer base and distribution networks. Together, we’re building the next generation of solutions for 15 million CommBank customers, and pioneering new ways of working as we go.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a seasoned risk and compliance leader who is outcomes driven and can identify, predict, and understand our risks and obligations, not just the process. You should have a passion for finding better ways to enable agile teams to manage risk and compliance as part of your everyday, with a focus on automation. You have experience-solving complex problems and are comfortable diving into the detail. Working as part of a collaborative team, some of your accountabilities will include:
· Ensuring activities are within risk appetite and comply with legal and regulatory standards.
· Building and maintaining risk management in a scalable cloud-based environment.
· Working across teams on end-to-end solutions, ensuring risks is built in at day one.
In this role
You are a critical part of x15 and our Ventures and you will own the risk management strategy and profile and reporting. Some key activities will include:
· Develop a fit for purpose risk framework and drive advanced automation of controls
· Maintain and monitor the risk profile in line with Operational & Compliance Risk Framework
· Work with ventures to develop and update their risk profile and obligations register
· Build and embed a strong risk culture and continually mature x15’s risk management
· Own the risk governance and deliver insightful management information and reporting
· Provide ongoing risk and compliance advice and challenge to x15 and the ventures
· Build and foster strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
You should have
The real question: what’s in it for you?
There’s nothing worse than a job where it’s Groundhog Day. Where you don’t feel challenged, or pushed to be your best. Where you’re stuck in a role where there’s no growth. Working on things you don’t really care about.
Well not here. Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development – every day. Working on things you’re truly passionate about. Working side by side with leadership, exposed to big decision making, brought in to help solve challenges. Collaboration. The opportunity is limitless.
However, there will be uncertainty and complex problems, which will lead to some high-pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so. But we also hope you recognise, that day in and day out, you’re working in a high pressure, high visibility environment. So it could be stressful, and you’ll need to be resilient.
We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and know this is fundamental for our future success.
So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we’d love to hear from you.