Doshii - Senior Android Engineer (Payments Application)
We are seeking dedicated individuals to join our team with a focus on delivering an innovative merchant payment App (Android) for hospitality and retail. If you love Kotlin and working on a greenfields project dealing with great APIs and payments, then this is the role for you!
Doshii is an API Platform which integrates point of sale (POS) systems with ordering, delivery, payment, loyalty and reservation Apps. The Platform allows real-time data exchange between Apps and POS as well as rich features to drive benefit to hospitality merchants in efficiently connecting and managing a range of Apps required to run their business.
Doshii has been in development for 5+ years and has recently been acquired by x15 ventures, backed by Commonwealth Bank.
What you’ll do:
- You will be well versed in Java/Kotlin, and love honing your development skills and working in a team environment
- You will have a passion for mobile apps, and ideally an experience across payments ideally spanning at least 3+ years
- You will be driven by delivering exceptional customer experiences, and wanting to see your work in market
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary agile teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide expert advice for the design and development of robust and scalable native apps
- Develop, document and test high quality code
- Solve technical problems with our teams and our integration partners
- Contribute estimates for Agile stories and epics
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our coding standards and processes
- Work on multiple projects, be actively involved and feature-curious.
What you’ll bring:
- A serious passion for mobile tech and a desire to make a difference through technology
- Commercial experience developing native android apps (minimum 3+ years)
- Deep understanding of Material Design
Illustrated experience building solutions using:
- Kotlin (required)
- Java, RxJava
- Full Stack development
A huge plus for:
- Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks, like Dagger
- Experience with the Android Screen Reader or other accessibility frameworks.
- Android Architecture Components
- Payments and POS integration experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent communications skills & a collaborative attitude
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once
- Friendly, professional, self-motivated with a drive to learn
What you’ll get:
- You will be part of a high caliber team working on a greenfields project utilising a range of APIs across various technologies (both new and old)
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of, you will also be the first to deep dive into existing technology and workflows
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to ultimately provide an innovative product for the end user.
This is an opportunity to work on leading Digital products, across a range of APIs and be part of a team developing Apps across hospitality and payments.