x15ventures - Senior Risk Manager
- You’re a talented risk professional who enjoys the detail. Capable across all aspects of risk management, with particular expertise in credit risk management
- You’re excited by big challenges that push you outside of your comfort one, and learning new things
- You’re a doer, who owns actions and finds solutions to challenging problems
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
We can't reveal our name just yet, but we’re building a new digital lending business, backed by CommBank – and launching later this year.
We're looking for smart people who think differently and want to make a difference to join our team.
We’re nominally based in CommBank’s amazing new facilities at South Eveleigh, but most of us work remotely and we have a remote-first culture.
Where do you fit in?
By using best-in-market technology and leveraging some of CBA’s existing risk capabilities to do the ‘heavy lifting’, our small team will focus on identifying and delivering the actions required to support the safe growth of the venture.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Risk and play a key role in shaping the design, implementation and ongoing management of the venture. You will lead our approach to credit risk, whilst supporting the end-to-end risk management including operational risk, compliance and tech / cyber risk.
Key parts of the role include:
- Develop the end-to-end credit risk strategy, including credit decisioning methodology, credit standards, procedures, model governance, capital and provisioning.
- Manage credit performance, closely monitoring credit risk metrics across new business and existing portfolio, identifying and taking action where required.
- Lead the development and implementation of modelling methodology at an individual loan level, including Internal Ratings Based (IRB) models to enable adoption of advanced / modelled capital and provisioning approaches.
- Provide oversight and guidance across all risk facets of the business including operational risk (including fraud and financial crime), tech / cyber risk and regulatory compliance.
The real question: what’s in it for you?
Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development – every day. Working with modern technology, side by side with leaders and engineers, making big decisions, and solving important challenges in this tech-centric venture.
But there will be uncertainty. And that will lead to some high-pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so. But we also hope you recognise, that day in and day out, you’re working in a high visibility environment. So, you’ll need to be resilient.
Are you a perfect match?
- You are curious and open to learning new things, and taking accountability across the full range of risk areas
- You have experience with managing credit risk, ideally including the development and implementation of new approaches to decisioning and / or eligibility criteria
- You have led or been involved in the management or implementation of credit risk models, ideally including IRB models
- You are familiar with the Australian regulations linked to lending e.g. NCCP and standards and guidelines set by ASIC and APRA
Something to keep in mind
- We offer flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role.
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!