Doshii - Software Engineer (Full Stack) (Payments)
Doshii is a marketplace of hospitality specific Apps. Based on an API Platform which integrates point of sale (POS) systems a range of Apps including ordering, delivery, payment, loyalty and reservation applications. The Platform allows real-time data exchange between Apps and POS as well as rich features to drive benefit to hospitality merchants in efficiently connecting and managing a range of Apps required to run their business.
Doshii has been in development for 5+ years and has recently been acquired by x15 ventures, backed by Commonwealth Bank.
What you’ll do
- You will be well versed and experienced in all aspects of software development
- You will have a passion for web based applications
- You will be driven by delivering exceptional customer experiences, and wanting to see your work in market
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary agile teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide expert advice for the design and implementation of the products
- Develop, document and test high quality code
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our coding standards and processes
- Work on multiple projects, be actively involved and feature-curious.
What you’ll bring:
- A serious passion for UX across mobile and web based technology
- Commercial experience across engineering (ideally spanning 6+ years)
- Fun work ethic - taking things seriously when needed, however, a strong drive to achieve commercial outcomes as quickly as possible.
Illustrated experience building solutions using:
- React JS
- AWS architecture
A huge plus for:
- Android (Kotlin) development and architectural experience (not essential)
- Payments and POS integration experience
- In-depth knowledge of relational/NoSQL databases
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast pace, aggressive product delivery environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (e.g. Docker, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code)
- Ideally have a strong understanding of AWS infrastructure, SQL, APIs and SDLC and a keen interest in modern App and other software development
- Experience using automated testing frameworks and integrating that into your code delivery pipeline using CI / CD principles
- An understanding of BI concepts and data analytics
What you’ll get:
- You will be part of a high calibre team working on a greenfields project utilising a range of APIs across various technologies (both new and old)
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of, you will also be the first to deep dive into existing technology and workflows
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to ultimately provide an innovative product for the end user.
This is an opportunity to work on a leading digital payment product, across a range of APIs and be part of a team developing payment technology.